In 2008 and 2009, UT approached CAA Hockey about designing and developing an official website for NHL superstar, Sidney Crosby. As part of the pitch we crafted two concepts for Sid's team to review.
Features of the concepts included:
- Unique hockey-themed design.
- Detailed content strategy that also included hidden content features throughout.
- Interactive siren tied to ESPN.com that would go off each time Sid scored in an actual game.
- Sponsorship integration via branding and product placement.
- Social media integration via platform feeds and universal icons.
- Bottom-line the realized concept would have raised the bar for all NHL player and team sites.